Sunday 20 December 2015

Aladdin





It's sort of a tradition, every year when the pantomime comes to Sunderland Empire, me and my auntie get tickets. Its not christmas without a pantomime! This years pantomime was Aladdin. This years stars were Alison Hammond, Tony Stewart from Coronation Street and Derek Moran who presents Channel Five's Milkshake.

I hadn't actually sat down and watched the entire Aladdin movie until this week before I went. I know, gasp, shock, horror, i'm a bad Disney fan! 





Getting out priorities in order, we went for food first. We decided to go to revolution as its just over the road from the Sunderland Empire and they never fail to disappoint with food.


We both ordered the skinny pepperoni pizza, which is just a smaller version of the revolution pizzas with a salad. Yes, I am the person you hate, I order salads when eating out. You can never go wrong with a revolution pizza.

Once we'd drank our wine and ate the last slice of our pizza it was time to head over to the empire to take our seats.





Our seats were in the dress circle, so we had an unreal view of the stage. Its always a treat to go to the empire because of the building its in. It was built in 1907 and has some beautiful features. Also said to be haunted by the late Sid James.


I wasn't allowed to take any pictures while the pantomime was on. The show was a very updated version of Aladdin, with recent songs such as Carly-Rae Jepsons I really like you and Walk The Moons Shut up and dance. I'd have really liked to have seen some of the original songs! The actors were brilliant, making me laugh until my sides hurt.




Until next year!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lau Anne. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig