Sunday 14 July 2019

Hiking with McMillan



I recently took part in a Mighty Hike event in aid of McMillan Cancer support. We entered as a group and walked 26.7 miles to raise money. I would say 26 miles however, that .7 of a mile was an absolute killer so it is very important to include it. 




We started our walk at the very scenic Alnwick Castle. Everyone was in high spirits, excited to get some miles underway. We warmed up with a Zumba session hosted by Mr Zumbastic (I think he was called).


We walked through golden fields.


Over winding rivers flowing ever gently down hill.



And across sandy beaches.


We were lucky enough to be blessed with such a beautiful day. 



We even got to stop and say hello to some friendly cows.


The Northumberland coast really is a slice of heaven. It boasts magnificent views and is very pleasing to the eye.


It was so wonderful to walk with so many people. It really motivated us to continue despite the pain in our feet and the blisters forming.


The last pit stop and we could almost smell the prosecco at the finish line. I was really struggling at this point but I was 3/4 of the way there, I couldn't give up now.



As we came in to Bambrugh, the sun began to set. It was such an ambient back drop to the historic castle.



Finally, after walking for around 11 hours we arrived at the finish line. It was such a welcoming sight for my sore and tired feet.


Overall, The Mighty Hike was the most challenging thing I've ever done. I was so unbelievably proud of myself and everyone who took part. We managed to raise over £1,000 for McMillan Cancer Support. The event was so well organised, so if you're looking for a charity hike the Mighty Hike may be for you.

Will I do it again next year? The jury is still out on that one..


If you would like to sponsor us please go to the following link:


Thank you!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lau Anne. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig