Tuesday 4 June 2019

Harop tarn, Thirlmere

Hello, I'm back! I've had a very long break, but thought i'd kick things off with our most recent adventure in the Lake District was to Harop Tarn.

We parked at the foot of a very large looking hill - as are all the fells in the lake district and began our accent. A short walk through the forest the most wonderful waterfall came in to view. Unfortunately my lovely iPhone 7 camera did not do the view justice, so you'll just have to put on your hiking boots and see it for yourself!



A little further along, we came to a clearing where the most sureen body of water stood. I've never really seen a tarn before, so basically for the non-cumbrian folk out there like myself, it's just a big natural pond. 




The mist and rain touching the tops of the trees added to the beauty of it all.






Now, my other half James is very much in to wild camping and slumming it out in the wild. I am quite the opposite. However, I thought two years down the line, it's about time I joined him on one of his camping trips.


This time we didn't camp, this was just a practice run setting up the hammock and the tarp but it's definitely on my bucket list to wild camp this year!


Have you ever wild camped?
Until next time.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lau Anne. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig